Greatest Laminate Ground Cutter ?Opinions and Lowest Costs
in laminate flooring is a well-liked DIY job, however it may be a irritating fail with out the proper slicing device. Listed below are high laminate ground cutters in three courses that ship reliable efficiency.
1: Bestselling Laminate Ground Cutter
EAB Device Change-a-Blade 2100005 9-inch Laminate Flooring Cutter
That is our high advice for owners as a result of it delivers exact, near-effortless cuts for all laminate flooring as much as 12mm, or about ?. Plus, it’s versatile sufficient for supplies from vinyl to fiber cement. Right here? what else we like about it and some cautions too.
Change-a-blade 2100005 laminate flooring cutter benefits:
- It? constructed with metal the place it wants power and aluminum the place saving weight is most well-liked.
- The high-carbon metal blade retains its edge longer than chrome steel.
- The blade will be sharpened to deliver again its edge.
- A top quality substitute blade prices simply $30, although the typical DIY home-owner who is aware of easy methods to sharpen the blade in all probability received? ever want one.
- Handles materials as much as 9?vast, and that covers most plank-style flooring and siding.
- Appropriate for high-volume slicing of laminate, LVT, vinyl tiles, linoleum, rubber and foam and extra restricted slicing of strong wooden, engineered wooden and fiber cement.
- Adjustable protractor/information swings from zero to 45 levels.
Change-a-blade 2100005 laminate flooring cutter disadvantages:
- Makes perpendicular cuts solely, not like chop-saw sorts, so we suggest a jigsaw or small handsaw for lengthwise rips.
- Some low-cost laminate flooring chips on the edge when minimize by the EAB 2100005 (and comparable instruments), although this downside will be lowered by slicing the fabric the other way up.
- There are two ease-of-use points some customers have which are simply solved: 1). To free the blade from locked/security place, loosen the yellow knob, compress the deal with barely and slide the knob to the center. You may must faucet it gently with a mallet or hammer to maneuver it. 2). If the deal with doesn? simply rise after a minimize or grinds barely, loosen the yellow knob additional.
- Placing extreme pressure on the lever to chop materials that’s too thick or too arduous or when the blade is boring will finally crack the deal with or housing.
The underside line is that it is a well-built, versatile device with a super-sharp blade which may final eternally.
2: Greatest Semi-Professional Laminate Cutter
Roberts 10-64 13-Inch Professional Flooring Cutter
Do you like laying laminate and comparable resilient flooring? The Roberts 10-64 flooring cutter is good for putting in a home stuffed with your personal flooring, serving to family and friends with theirs and choosing up the occasional paid job too. It? priced between DIY and Professional fashions with glorious high quality to match. Listed below are the professionals and cons of the Roberts 10-64 flooring cutter.
Roberts 10-64 Professional flooring cutter professionals:
- Simply cuts laminate, vinyl flooring, VCT tiles, engineered wooden, rubber or foam tiles and vinyl siding.
- Has a 13?slicing vary and is rated for supplies as much as 16mm (5/eight?.
- Blade will be sharpened indefinitely and changed if wanted.
- The heavy-gauge extruded aluminum base and physique will final eternally.
- A troublesome plastic platform provides every plank good assist throughout slicing.
- The deal with is extendable for cuts that require additional leverage.
Roberts 10-64 Professional flooring cutter cons:
- Makes cross cuts solely.
- The substitute blade prices $60-$70 from numerous sellers, so studying to sharpen it’s going to scale back your long-term prices.
- Overuse of the deal with extension, particularly trying to chop thicker and or more durable supplies (ceramic or stone tile, strong hardwood) than really helpful, will finally result in stress cracking.
- This cutter weighs 24lbs due to its pro-grade construct, however that? numerous weight to maneuver round a house or jobsite.
- Whereas it? rated for engineered flooring, if the strong wooden layer may be very arduous (Janka hardness ranking above +/-2000), you may discover it simpler to make use of an influence noticed.
The Roberts 10-64 laminate cutter with 13-inch blade is the device of alternative for hardcore DIY fanatics whose set up efforts prolong to mates and clients.
three: Greatest Funds Laminate Cutter for Small Jobs and Tight Budgets
QEP 10-35 Laminate Cutter
When you’ve got just some rooms of laminate to put in and don? need to spend so much on instruments, the QEP 10-35 laminate cutter is reliable and budget-friendly. Right here? the great and unhealthy about this flooring cutter.
QEP 10-35 laminate cutter advantages:
- It prices lower than half the value of most homeowner-grade flooring cutters.
- Cuts laminate as much as eight?vast and 12mm thick (nearly ?), specs that cowl a great vary of plank and tile flooring choices.
- The tubular metal body may be very sturdy (the unit weighs 12lbs).
- The ?onsolation grip?deal with gives satisfactory cushioning.
QEP 10-35 laminate cutter drawbacks:
- Because the slicing floor isn? sharp ?extra a bar that snaps the fabric than a blade that cuts ?it crushes and tears softer supplies, so isn? designed for vinyl, LVT, linoleum and comparable flooring.
- Makes cross cuts solely.
- A major quantity of pressure is required. You may need to face up and/or use two arms on the deal with to chop thicker supplies.
- There? no built-in platform. As an alternative, the set features a free, inverted V-shaped stand that may be set at a distance from the unit to offer assist. It may be troublesome to correctly place the stand when slicing planks over about 5?lengthy. We solved the difficulty by stacking a pair of two?our? about four?from the cutter to assist longer planks.
In abstract, should you?e prepared to place up with the positioning and force-requirement points, the QEP 10-35 will prevent cash and get small-to-medium jobs finished.