LifeProof Vinyl Flooring Opinions – Learn Earlier than You Purchase
Welcome to a different HomeFlooring Execs flooring overview, this week we deliver you our overview, and different client critiques, of LifeProof inflexible core luxurious vinyl flooring. There’s so much to get via, together with learn how to set up LifeProof and worth comparability tables, so be happy to make use of the short hyperlinks under to zip backwards and forwards.
What’s LifeProof Vinyl – Execs & Cons – Set up – Cleansing – Costs – Shopper Studies
What’s LifeProof Vinyl Flooring
LifeProof is a inflexible luxurious vinyl flooring made by Halstead New England Industries, offered solely at Dwelling Depot and competes face to face with prime rigid-core manufacturers.
Inflexible Core Building:
- Base: An connected underlayment absorbs influence for strolling/standing consolation. It reduces noise and supplies insulation too.
- Core: This LifeProof vinyl plank flooring has a closed-cell PVC foam core it calls ISOCORE. The core makes it each lighter and stronger than sheet vinyl flooring materials.
- High: The wear and tear layer is new vinyl (it’s not recycled). It’s embossed with woodgrain texture or stone texture. Ceramic beads are infused into the wear and tear layer for sturdiness and resistance to scratches. High and backside layers are handled with an antimicrobial to stop mildew.
- Interlocking design: Interlocking tabs maintain the items collectively however might be broken when taking them aside.
LifeProof Product Specs
LifeProof luxurious vinyl plank flooring is available in three thicknesses, every with a number of fashion choices:
- 6.5mm: eight types, every in a wide range of colours. Multi-width Seasoned Wooden and Walton Oak, 7” Shadow Hickory, Tekoa Oak, Seaside Oak and Important Oak are all.6”. Breezy Stone and Starry Gentle 16”x32”.
- 7 mm: 5 types in a number of colours. eight.7” Path Oak, Sterling Oak, Recent Oak and Scratch Stone all 47.6” lengthy. Biscayne Oak is four.72”x28.35” with herringbone look.
- eight mm: Three types in a number of colours. Ocala Oak is eight.7” x 59.four”. Alys Oak is eight.7”x72”. The Alys Oak is distinguished by its size and better price. Longer planks reduce set up time.
LifeProof Luxurious Vinyl Flooring Execs and Cons
There may be a lot to love about this resilient flooring, however we need to point out a couple of disadvantages too.
LifeProof Vinyl Benefits:
- Model decisions: The color and style choices detailed above are good, if not nice. As you browse your decisions at a Dwelling Depot retailer or on-line at homedepot.com, you’ll doubtless discover a number of choices for the look you need. For instance, Seasoned Wooden has a weathered look. Walton Oak is grainy and rustic. Ocala Oak is clear and modern. You then’ve received the stone and herringbone types talked about above. Lights, mediums and darks are supplied in most traces.
- High quality development: The LifeProof Inflexible Core multilayer strategy with a put on layer enhanced with ceramic beads ought to produce wonderful long-term stability and put on.
- Skinny and light-weight but sturdy: The ISOCORE foam core offers the fabric rigidity and power usually present in thicker, heavier supplies. It’s simple to work with, and slight imperfections or tile grout beneath gained’t present via the flooring.
- Straightforward set up for many: Whereas professional set up is the most effective route to making sure a correct match and long-lasting outcomes, skilled DIY owners do discover this materials simple to put in. See the Evaluate part under for set up issues skilled by some.
- It covers “something”: So long as the ground beneath it’s in first rate form with out rises and low spots, this luxurious vinyl materials will remodel your flooring with little preparation required.
- Works with radiant heated flooring: LifeProof is good for set up over radiant warmth flooring. There are a couple of easy pointers to observe within the Set up Information to make sure success.
- Sturdiness: We count on this flooring would require changing in 6-10 years in industrial settings and in 15-20 years in residential settings. Visitors and upkeep will considerably have an effect on sturdiness. The Lifetime and 5-year warranties cowl materials defects
- Low-VOC: LifeProof vinyl planks and tiles are FloorScore licensed to be low-VOC merchandise with out phthalates or formaldehyde.
- Resistance to moisture and mildew: LifeProof planks are waterproof and handled to stop mildew and mildew when put in in basements, kitchens, baths, entryways and laundry rooms.
- Residential Guarantee: The Lifetime guarantee for residential use is considerably higher than most. It’s not prorated and doesn’t have extreme that make it simple for the producer to disclaim guarantee claims.
- Straightforward care: That is low-maintenance flooring. Particulars are under.
LifeProof Vinyl Disadvantages:
- DIY injury: That is simply the highest con. A big proportion of DIY installers report that the interlocking tabs can break throughout set up or if items have to be separated after set up.
- Business guarantee size: The 5-year industrial guarantee is shorter than these supplied by some competing merchandise. For instance, CoreTec Plus luxurious vinyl flooring has a 10-year industrial guarantee to go together with the Lifetime residential protection.
- Non-transferable: The guarantee applies to the primary proprietor solely, whether or not residential or industrial. That takes a few of the shine off the Lifetime guarantee.
- Not so inexperienced: This flooring isn’t made with any recycled materials, although many constructing merchandise are. Whereas it’s recyclable, the restricted variety of vinyl recycling services can’t accommodate the amount. Most vinyl flooring is shipped to landfills.
- It’s not wooden: Perhaps this doesn’t have to be mentioned. However if you’d like the advantages of real wooden and don’t thoughts the TLC it requires, you possibly can have stable hardwood or engineered hardwood flooring for about twice the price.
LifeProof Vinyl Flooring Set up
Hiring an skilled installer is crucial. The producer of LifeProof flooring, Halstead New England makes it clear that it, “will decline duty for damages related to improper set up or poor website circumstances.” Apparently, the producer is conscious of the complaints about damaging the interlocking tabs whereas putting in or eradicating planks and tiles.
The knowledge on this part must be mentioned with installers you interview when getting estimates for the work.
How: LifeProof luxurious vinyl flooring has interlocking “drop and lock” finish joints for floating set up. The producer particularly prohibits gluing as a result of it might not enable the flooring to broaden and contract with regular modifications in environmental circumstances.
An growth hole of ¼” is required across the perimeter of the ground to permit for regular growth and contraction. Don’t set up baseboard tight sufficient to the flooring to stop this growth/contraction.
The place: LifeProof flooring might be put in over customary OSB and plywood underlayment and plenty of present flooring varieties.
The literature lists stable hardwood, linoleum, terrazzo, ceramic tile and stone tile as flooring it may be put in on. Add concrete to that record too.
It may be put in above, at and under grade in residential and industrial settings. The area have to be indoors and/or local weather managed.
In sub-grade installations, seek the advice of your flooring installer about utilizing a moisture barrier to stop moisture migration upwards that may have an effect on the efficiency of LifeProof luxurious vinyl plank and tile. The barrier must be a minimal of 6 mil thick. Overlap seams 6” and tape them.
The place to not set up: Unsuitable places embrace open air, sunrooms, saunas, coated porches and different places with excessive variations. If campers, RVs, boats and automobiles will likely be saved within the area, use one other flooring sort.
Preparation: If there are imperfections beneath, they will typically be sanded or patched at little price to arrange the ground for LifeProof. Word that grout traces bigger than ¼” extensive have to be stuffed to create a degree basis.
Whereas acclimation for humidity isn’t vital, the fabric must be saved indoors and put in at temperatures above 50F and never larger than 100F.
Inspection: It’s acceptable to open four containers of fabric previous to set up to examine for coloration variation and defects and resolve whether or not to return the flooring. Every field must be inspected as it’s opened, since per the literature, “Putting in faulty planks implies acceptance.”
Prohibitions: You shouldn’t set up this flooring on stairs or over carpet, different floating flooring together with laminate, rubber, cork, foam underlayment or cushioned vinyl. These flooring varieties don’t present the steadiness required and may void the guarantee.
Radiant flooring heating: Radiant tubing have to be ½” beneath the concrete floor. In new installations, run the radiant system for 2 weeks previous to set up to remove the possibility for the concrete to contract after set up. The producer additionally requires that the HVAC system in new development be operational to keep up constant temperature and humidity circumstances.
There may be further technical info and set up suggestions within the LifeProof Set up Directions your installer must be acquainted with.
Cleansing and Upkeep
LifeProof vinyl flooring is a simple flooring to maintain clear and preserve with only a few suggestions:
Unfastened grime: Use a mud mop or vacuum to take away unfastened grime and particles. In case your vacuum has a rotating brush/beater bar, flip it off. Higher but, buy a hard-floor vacuum with out a beater bar to guard your funding.
We suggest sweeping or vacuuming one time per week for every member or your family together with pets.
Spills and pet accidents: Sop up spills instantly, after which wash the realm with a light detergent. That is important for acidic spills like wine, juice and soda. Rinse the realm to take away detergent residue that may cloud the floor.
Sticky stuff: Spray stuck-on grime with heat water or moist a material and let it sit on the realm for Three-5 minutes. Wipe and rinse the realm.
Cowl the ground: Use paint, dyes and harsh chemical compounds some place else. If that’s not attainable, cowl the ground in your work space with a plastic drop material.
Mopping schedule and suggestions: Mop the ground as wanted (at the least month-to-month) with a pH-neutral vinyl flooring cleansing answer. Change mop water and alter or rinse cleansing cloths as they turn into visibly dirty. Going over the ground with a clear mop and water for a closing rinse will take away residue and streaking.
Mats Do: Place shoe mats exterior/off the vinyl flooring. Grime beneath mats acts like sandpaper on any flooring when walked upon. It’s going to scratch and mar the floor. The mats must be labeled “colorfast” if they are going to be positioned on the flooring.
Mats Don’t: Don’t use rubber-backed mats on the flooring, as a result of they could react chemically and darken the vinyl.
Different issues to keep away from: Don’t use this stuff in your LifeProof LVT flooring – A steam cleaner, vacuum with a rotating brush, wax, oil, polish, metal wool, scouring pad or furnishings cleaner.
An oz. of prevention: Keep away from damaging your flooring with these precautions:
- Use nylon or felt protecting pads beneath furnishings legs and clear them as wanted.
- Carry and transfer furnishings as a substitute of dragging it.
- Use hard-surface non-studded chair mats for workplace chairs. Broad-surface casters are additionally beneficial.
- Maintain pet nails trimmed.
- Keep away from strolling on the flooring with golf spikes, stiletto heels and related footwear.
Costs and Choices
LifeProof vinyl flooring costs are competitively priced with its main opponents. The primary desk exhibits LifeProof flooring prices.
LifeProof Luxurious Vinyl Plank and Tile Value Comparability Desk
|Seasoned Wooden||6.5mm||Breezy Stone||6.5mm||Biscayne Oak||7mm||Amherst Oak||8mm|
|Important Oak||6.5mm||Starry Gentle||6.5mm||Brookland Oak||8mm|
|Walton Oak||6.5mm||Recent Oak||7mm||Alys Oak||8mm|
|Shadow Hickory||6.5mm||Path Oack||7mm|
|Seaside Oak||6.5mm||Scratch Stone||7mm|
|Tekoa Oak||6.5mm||Burnt Oak||7mm|
|Sterling Oak||7mm||Lighthouse Oak||7mm|
The wear and tear layer for LifeProof flooring is 6 mils with these exceptions:
Ocala Oak: 12 mils
Amerst Oak: 22 mils
Brookland Oak: 22 mils
Alys Oak: 22 mils
This desk exhibits prices for different prime luxurious vinyl plank and tile that has a inflexible core.
Different Inflexible Luxurious Vinyl Flooring Choices and Costs
What do residence and enterprise homeowners consider LifeProof flooring? Right here’s a sampling from throughout the rankings spectrum. On Dwelling Depot, most LifeProof merchandise have rankings between four and 5 Stars.
“We used 6.5mm LifeProof in our master bedroom as a result of it’s waterproof. The wood-look is spot-on, and the flooring is way hotter to the ft than the ceramic tile we changed within the bathtub. Our contractor put in 435 sq. ft in lower than a day.” 5 Stars –Rochelle
“Our installer laid this in our 1,250+/- basement proper over the concrete. He patched a pair cracks first, nevertheless, so that they wouldn’t present via. It’s been nearly a 12 months. The flooring is holding up properly. The patches aren’t exhibiting/sporting via. It’s 8mm and really snug to stroll on in with out footwear.” 5 Stars – Windy Metropolis Michele
“DIY set up went OK, however after I needed to pull up a couple of planks to reset them correctly, the tongue/groove connection was broken. Proud of the look/really feel of the flooring, however don’t suggest DIY except you’re skilled and prepared to take the danger of getting to make use of a couple of additional planks.” four Stars – Gene77
“The Ocala Oak is attractive, however snapping the items collectively was a significant ache. #DesignFlaw” Three Stars – Brill
“Scratches beneath our eating chairs confirmed up inside a month. We haven’t put sliders or pads on the chairs but, however it scratched too rapidly, in our view.” 2 Stars – Mizzou 92
“Engaging vinyl, however unhealthy design. Used 40% greater than vital because of breaking tabs off items. Then, the butts wouldn’t keep down.” 1 Star Jose T
These critiques clarify that the flooring is attractive, heat and comfy, however there’s one potential downside – the interlocking design.
In our opinion, the problematic set up some expertise isn’t ample motive to keep away from LifeProof. However we do suggest having the flooring professionally put in.