Bamboo Flooring Price & Set up Costs
On this article we take a look at the elements affecting the price of bamboo flooring and set up costs. The typical price of bamboo wooden flooring put in is $7.85 per sq. foot. There are numerous bamboo ground price elements together with DIY set up, so the potential price vary is lower than $four.00 to greater than $15 per sq. foot.
Abstract of Bamboo Price Elements – Ground Preparation Elements – Materials & End Elements – Set up Elements
Price elements are detailed beneath and summarized on this desk:
Bamboo Ground Price Elements
|$three.50-$6.50/sq. ft.||$6.50-$9.00/sq. ft.||$9.00-$15.00/sq. ft.|
|Subfloor Put in||No||Sure or No||Sure|
|Flooring High quality||Poor||Common||Premium|
|Pre-finished||Sure or No||Sure or No||Sure|
|Hand scraped||No||Sure or No||Sure or No|
|Set up||DIY or Professional||DIY or Professional||Professional|
Be aware: Most on-line bamboo hardwood flooring price estimates are too low.
This appears to be the results of overlooking premium materials prices and never contemplating potential job extras and complexities.
On this information, we search to cowl all doable prices and offer you particular price elements. They need to enable you to estimate your bamboo and set up prices precisely given the elements associated to your challenge. For additional guides to purchasing, putting in and cleansing bamboo flooring go to our predominant Bamboo and Cork Flooring web page Price elements are divided into Ground Preparation Elements, Materials Elements and Set up Elements.
Ground Preparation Price Elements
Any sort of bamboo ground may be put in on a wooden subfloor. Solely engineered bamboo flooring may be put in on concrete.
Except you make the comfortable discovery that your current subfloor is in good situation, as soon as having eliminated previous flooring, you’ll most likely want subfloor restore or substitute.
To put in plywood four’x8’ sheets and fasteners prices about $Zero.75 (75 cents) per sq. foot. Labor for professional set up prices lower than $1.00 per sq. foot. Complete put in price of a plywood subfloor is about $1.35 per sq. foot.
A concrete subfloor should be lined in a moisture barrier earlier than bamboo flooring are put in. It may also have to be leveled. Professionals cost $1.50 to $2.50 per sq. foot to degree concrete utilizing self-leveling combine. Putting in the vapor barrier prices about $1.25 per sq. foot for supplies and set up.
Materials Price Elements and End Choices
Price is affected by the bamboo flooring sort and end; listed here are the primary elements to contemplate.
Horizontal Bamboo Plank Costs
Low: $1.35 per sq. foot | Common: $three.75 per sq. foot | Excessive: $eight.00
Horizontal bamboo planks are constructed of stalks sliced thinly and glued aspect by aspect. The inside off the stalks face upward to create the ground floor. This exposes the bamboo grain and the nodes known as knuckles.
Vertical Bamboo Plank Costs
Low: $2.15 per sq. foot | Common: $three.50 per sq. foot | Excessive: $7.00 per sq. foot
Vertical bamboo planks use stalks sliced skinny and glued in order that the perimeters of the stalks withstand make the ground floor. This produces a extra constant, smoother look.
Strand-woven Bamboo Plank Costs
Low: $three.00 per sq. foot | Common: $four.15 per sq. foot | Excessive: $eight.00 per sq. foot
Bamboo is shredded and the strands are mixed with resin and pressed collectively in molds. The ensuing block is lower into flooring planks. There’s no grain sample consequently, however strand bamboo flooring is the toughest of all bamboo varieties.
High quality and bamboo age
Mature bamboo presents higher high quality, is tougher and is backed by an extended guarantee than immature, softer bamboo. Strong and engineered bamboo hardwood flooring is obtainable, however there’s little price distinction. Laminate bamboo is an inexpensive sort of engineered flooring with a really skinny bamboo veneer. It can’t be refinished and ought to be averted. To search out out extra, take a look at our article reviewing the one of the best varieties and types of bamboo flooring.
End elements that may improve price embody:
- Unfinished bamboo flooring price $1-$2.50 lower than completed flooring, relying on different price elements. Unfinished flooring requires sanding, staining if desired, after which sealing with a number of coats of protecting polyurethane or comparable. It’s a great way for DIY price financial savings. Nevertheless, shopping for completed flooring prices lower than shopping for unfinished bamboo and hiring a professional to complete it.
- Staining the bamboo provides lower than $1 per sq. foot to the price
- Carbonizing the bamboo is achieved by boiling it till the sugars in it caramelize, turning the fabric a wealthy brown. This will increase price by about $1 per sq. foot.
- Tiger striped flooring is produced by alternating strips of carbonized and pure bamboo. This flooring is often within the Common to Excessive price vary.
- Hand scraped and hand sculpted flooring for an aged or vintage look are the most costly ending processes.
- Direct printing the bamboo is the method of printing a distinct grain sample, akin to oak, onto the flooring. It provides it the look of hardwood whereas sustaining the advantages of bamboo. This will increase price by lower than $1 per sq. foot.
Set up Price Elements
|Subfloor set up (if wanted)||$Zero-$2.50/sq. ft.||Kind, whether or not leveling is required|
|Base set up price||$three.00-$four.00/sq. ft.||Expertise, popularity, native prices|
|Stairs||$40-$75 per step||Treads solely or risers, width, obstacles|
|Take away/dispose previous flooring||$Zero.40-Zero.75/sq. ft.||Kind, how mounted, native disposal price & distance|
|Transitions||$2.50-$5.00/linear ft.||Ground varieties being joined, size, form|
|Room clearing||$20-$50 per room||Quantity and weight of items to maneuver|
|Equipment disconnect/ join||$15-$30 per equipment||Electrical ($) or gasoline ($$) and weight|
Flooring installers produce estimates beginning with a base worth of roughly $three.00 to $four.00 per sq. foot. The worth for every installer relies on their popularity, native competitors and the price of residing.
If the job is straightforward, then the set up estimate will fall in that vary.
Price rises to as excessive as $eight.00 per sq. foot for very troublesome work. Stairs are priced individually, as you’ll see beneath.
Listed here are set up elements affecting complete price:
- Eradicating previous flooring: Eradicating and disposing of previous materials prices $Zero.40 to $Zero.75 (40 to 75 cents) per sq. foot.
- Set up sort: Floating flooring which can be mounted solely on the perimeter set up shortly and on the lowest price. Nailed flooring price a bit extra. These which can be glued down take the longest to put in, so price is highest.
- Flooring amount: Small jobs that take lower than a full day price extra per sq. foot, as a result of the installer should cowl journey time and the time required to arrange and take out tools.
- Room sizes: Small rooms require extra time-consuming trimming per sq. toes of flooring, so price per sq. foot goes up.
- Obstacles: The quantity of trimming and piecing go up when there are obstacles to work round akin to cupboards, fire tiles or a fire, tub fixtures and comparable.
- Clearing rooms: Installers would possibly cost additional if they’re requested to empty rooms of furnishings and home equipment previous to set up. $20-$50 per room is typical relying on the quantity and weight of things to be moved.
- Price of residing: It’s common for costs to be 30 to 50 p.c increased in massive metropolitan areas, particularly within the Northeast and alongside the Coasts than in small cities and rural areas.
Wish to know whether or not Bamboo is the precise flooring for you? Take a look at our Bamboo Vs Cork Flooring Information.
Putting in Bamboo Flooring on Stairs
Set up on stairs goes slowly because of the quantity of trimming required. Whether or not simply the treads or the risers too are lined impacts price. Price is highest when trimming and piecing round stair spindles is required.
Count on estimates of $40-$75 per stair – or $650 to $900 for a full set of stairs.
Saving Cash on Bamboo Flooring Set up Prices
One of the simplest ways to get a good worth for high quality set up is to get written estimates from a number of bamboo flooring contractors. Allow them to know you’re getting competing estimates, they usually’ll offer you their finest bid.
Earlier than hiring a ground firm, be sure its set up crew has expertise and a popularity for good workmanship. That’s value paying for – and there will probably be much less likelihood you’ll need to pay another person to “do it proper” at a later time.